Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh Boy!



Had a sonogram on Monday and found out we are having a boy. Crazy! My original due date was 03/22/2010 but my sono at 9 weeks said 03/26/2010 and my sono on Monday said my EDD was 03/25/2010. I feel stupid, but I'm not sure what it really is. I always forget to ask something at the doctor. I don't know why...maybe it's because I sit in the waiting room bored and tuned into my own head and I just can't seem to pull myself out of the fog. Anyways, everything looked good from what I could see and it was so neat to see him moving around in there. I can feel the "flutters" but no real kicks yet. Turns out my placenta is anterior so it could take a little longer for me to feel. I'll probably appreciate that extra padding later on when he is much stronger.


Interesting side note: I just found out my new nickname from my brother is "chunk." Nice.


It feels different knowing that it's boy and not just an "it" anymore. It's neat to think about what he will look like, and how he will sound. I can't wait to buy little sneakers and baseball hats.
Time to decorate and shop! Woohoo! I will be looking all over for fun stuff to get. I really love craigslist right now. If you hear of any good deals, let me know. :)

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm jealous of your awesome Anita ultrasound images. She rocks and she has a really good machine. We found onesies that say "Lock up your daughters". I think Baby Boy Ellsworth needs one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Now you just have to start thinking of a name.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Courtney!!! I'll have to get him one. Yes, I guess I need to start looking at names now. Boy names seem harder to me than girl names.

    ReplyDelete