Tuesday, October 6, 2009

16 weeks


Well, I made it to the fourth month mark. I find it a little odd that I have gotten sick to my stomach more now since I'm OUT of the first trimester. Joy. Tonight I noticed my actual baby bump swelling out more. (the bump in my pictures is my usual "padding" that has been pushed up by my growing uterus) As Courtney would say "sexy." I try to feel the baby move but I haven't had much luck. I think I feel something going on, but I can't tell yet. They say it could feel like bubbles but if I think hard enough I can always feel something bubbling down in my belly. Hopefully I will feel something soon, I'm very excited about that part. I feel a little weird b/c I feel very out of the loop on being pregnant since I don't feel anything and I've only had one sonogram. I'm a nervous person anyways and I have to really relax and realize that everything is fine. (I always turn to Courtney for reassurance...she is my mommie consultant) I go to the Dr. on Friday and I am excited to hear a loud heartbeat this time around. At my 12 week appointment I could only hear a very faint heartbeat and I heard a kick too...so that was neat. I will get to schedule my sonogram soon and hopefully we will find out what it is. I'm extremely excited about this next sonogram more for the fact that it will look like a baby and not a shrimp and I can confirm that it is healthy.
I don't really have any weird cravings yet other than I just want more of the stuff I have always liked. Cheese, pickles, Pepperidge Farm cookies, and of course ice cream and oreos...oh and apples. Mmmm, well I guess I should sign off now...talking about food has created a hungry monster inside me. So far, my favorite thing about being pregnant....the boobs.
Weird...just as I was finishing up on this I think I felt something move. Ha! Not sure, I wasn't paying much attention. Hold on...I'll be very still....there it was again! I think? I'll walk around, see if I have to fart. If I don't , then I'll believe I actually felt baby. :)

4 comments:

  1. I bet you are feeling it! That is my favorite part of being pregnant. Your bump is super cute! Once you realize what you are feeling you will notice it more and more and then it will be all the time. It will make you smile all day. I used to try and take all those quizzes online to try and figure out what I was having and I always got a 50 so it never helped, but they are fun. It won't be long now until you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Great post, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too am looking forward to Saturday. Not sure what I'm going to wear yet though. Are you guys going to the Homecoming game on Friday? I have heard several people are going to that. I thought about stopping by...that is, if I feel up to it.

    Anjolee - I'll take some quizzes before I know what it is and we shall see if they are right. It feels like a girl to me, but I really am not sure. A boy would be fun, I saw the cutest pair of boy sneakers that I really wanna buy! :)

    ReplyDelete