Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello 2011!

I know, I know. Last time I posted on here I said I was going to be better about posting. Oops. Well, you know how it goes.

Rylan had a wonderful Christmas Holiday and it was so much fun for Eric and I too. When I became an "adult" I never understood decorating for Christmas. I mean, I really enjoy being around the decorations and I love it when other people decorate but I never wanted to decorate my house. Why? It's a pain in the ass...getting it all out of the attic, moving stuff around, spending hours and hours making it just perfect. And then a few weeks later you have to take it down and pack it up. Bleh! Well, I didn't decorate this year (I know, bad mommy) b/c Rylan is into everything and I honestly did not want to have to pull him away from the tree and make him mad over and over again. Next year, I will begin the decorating b/c now I get it. It's just part of the magic.

A little update on Mr. Rylan: He weighs 21lbs and is 29 3/4" long. I look at him now and it's like he grows every time he sleeps. He looks more and more like a little boy than a baby. He doesn't have much hair still, but it's so cute b/c the little hair he does have gets messy and sticks up. I just love him so much. He does NOT sleep through the night yet. He wakes up every 1-3 hours every night. I might get an occasional portion of the night where he sleeps for 4 hours. It is really really hard. I have not gotten more than 5 hours consecutive sleep in 10 months...and if I get anywhere close to that, it has happened maybe 10 times. I think it's my fault, I held him so much and slept with him when he was tiny and honestly, if I sleep with him then I get sleep. So, I don't care what people say - I try my hardest to keep him in his bed at night, but after playing the game of rock to sleep, lay down, cry, rock to sleep, lay down, cry for more than an hour, I give up. I know he will sleep good eventually. He actually is a great napper though. He has been napping for almost two hours right now. Woot!

He still only has 2 teeth but he is starting to try to climb on things and he will be walking very soon. Oh, and he says Mama now. It's so sweet. It just gets better and better. I love how he will bring a book to me and sit in my lap and give me hugs. He really is the love of my life.

I didn't really make a resolution this year, but my goal is to get very organized. I have been purging my house and it feels so good. I'm on a role, just tossing everything I don't use. My other goal is to keep all flat surfaces in my house clean. That is where my clutter is, so hopefully it will be gone very soon. Oh, and of course my goal is to get my body where I want it. It's the year of the dirty 30 for me...I'm scared. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment