Tuesday, March 2, 2010

36 Weeks

Well it's countdown time! 2 more days and I will be considered "full term." I'm glad to make it that far at least. I will say I am starting to get tired of being a planet. I still enjoy being pregnant and I believe I might feel empty inside without this little guy jabbing my ribs and pelvis every day. I had a sonogram on Feb 15th and he looked to be normal size (around 6lbs). We will see how big he really is in a few weeks. It is getting hard to get out of bed, however I am surprised with how quick I can get up off the couch. I called Courtney the other day b/c I really don't know how she even got out of bed with TWO 6.5 pounders in her tummy. I only have one and sometimes I don't want to move.

The nursery is 95% complete, I just need to hang some stuff on the walls. I have washed all his clothes and blankets and sheets and his hospital bag is packed. Mine is not. I am in the process of cleaning our room and packing our bag. To prepare for the shower, I tossed everything out of place into our room or the garage to hide our mess. Heh. I regret that now. Oh well...I'll get to it eventually.

I saw the doctor today and my cervix is still closed and I'm not dilated. I guess that's a good thing, I just expected to have something go on b/c I have been having a lot of contractions and my belly has definitely dropped. It's cool though, I can be patient. :) I'm still a little intimidated of being called a mom.

I will try to haul my butt upstairs with the laptop and scan the sono pics for everyone. They aren't as clear as his last ones, but you can see he has some full lips. :) That must be from me since I resemble Angelina Jolie. Not!

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! How will I know when he has arrived?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I think you look beautiful! Can't wait to see your little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your maternity pictures! I still regret not doing that when I was pregnant. Hope you had a good shower!

    ReplyDelete