Wednesday, December 2, 2009

24 Weeks

Oh my, what rush. Little dude moves all the time now...I think he will be one of those people that paces when he is on the phone. (mom and dad both do that...but dad does it more!) I'm so happy that he is pretty active most days b/c I tend to be a more paranoid person. It doesn't feel like I thought it would feel...I guess? It's a foreign feeling to have something alive in your body playing twister. "right hand rib, left foot bladder...POW!" I can feel him shift and flip...he seems to prefer being on my right side. He likes to turn and stick his head out towards my belly button and his butt towards my spine. (could be the other way around, I really can't tell yet) What a weird and wonderful feeling at the same time. I like being able to feel exactly where he is most of the time.

I have noticed that I have to pee urgently every 40 minutes or so. Awesome. Wanna hear something else that's cool? I realized yesterday that I can't really see myself to shave properly; if you know what I mean. I didn't think that would happen yet. I don't feel THAT big. I have also noticed that I have trouble getting comfortable and my back is very easy to strain now. *sigh. But, I really can't complain. I'm having a very good pregnancy (minus the migraines) and I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything. Well, I'll trade it for a baby :)

We have not decided on a name yet, but names are sounding more appealing now so I'm a little relieved. I can't decide on what I want the nursery to look like, so I think I'm just going to pick a color palette so I can paint the room and at least get furniture. I know, I don't have anything yet. I have trouble committing to such things (you would know this if you saw my house b/c right now we sport the minimalist look). Unless I can find a bedding set that I really know is THE ONE, I'm going to buy some cute sheet sets and make the bumper and possibly a blanket/quilt with my mother's help. I like a lot of sets, which is why I have trouble picking one out...but there is always something that doesn't SELL it for me. (sometimes it's the price) On that note, Lonestar Baby...have a clearance isle why don't you??? I saw a little clearance table with nothing but broken crap on it. Pffft. They have some of the same sets at Burlington Coat Factory for less. Courtney told me this place was on the expensive side. I love how they have a lot of nurseries set up so you can look at them. I loved the furniture too, but man...my pockets are shallow. I am becoming so cheap that I squeak when I walk. There was an awesome stroller that had metal wheels, brakes, a suspension, and completely customizable...um yes please! Wait, how many hundreds of dollars?? Damnit. Me being more of a motor head and Eric being...well, a guy. We wanted it. I believe I will present the options to the grandpa's....perhaps we can get little dude a stroller a MAN can be proud of. ;)

I'm still a little scared about being a parent and I think I figured out why I am anxious. Other than the fact that most, if not all women feel this way with their first baby. I figured out that it makes me not the "kid" anymore of the family. I know...I'm knocking on 30 but I still feel like the kid at Grandmother's house. I sit at the "kid" table at Thanksgiving since my brother and I are the only grandchildren. I realized that this knocks all the people older than me into the next category. Yikes. I over-analyze too much. And I know I'm still immature...want to know why I'm immature? B/c when I typed the word "analyze", I paused and laughed when I spelled out anal before finishing the word. Heh.

This is a fun journey on the road of life. I can't wait for the next step! We are all very excited to see meet all the little boys that will be born in the next few months.





3 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear that you are doing well. I'm sure your baby will end up with a sweet ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney - I knew you would enjoy that blog. I can't wait til you are having the boys and I get to be your author for a few days :)

    Amy - oh yes, as always ;)

    ReplyDelete