Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hello Sweatpants!

This isn't really a surprise to the few people that probably read my blog. (ahem...Courtney and Amy) But...for those of you that casually check in on my life should be happy that I finally have interesting stuff to talk about. I'm pregnant. 14 weeks at the moment. Apparently something was in the air in June b/c 2 other friends of mine (over-achiever twin-making Courtney and _____ (not sure if I can say) all got pregnant within 2-3 weeks. February-March should be very busy next year! This was not a planned pregnancy so apparently it was just supposed to happen. I had a feeling for some odd reason and I took a test when it only showed a speck of positive. No joke, a speck. No faint line, just a dot. That's a great way to spend the next couple of days...wondering if it's just a weird dot or a positive test. I waited a day or two and then I got a very faint line. I still took a couple more tests out of disbelief. It was weird that I knew it was coming, I had been having dreams about babies. Twins actually. Courtney told me she was pregnant and I told her about my twin dream and I said I knew someone was having them. I thought it was maybe going to be me but I was wrong. Well, half-wrong.


My due date right now is March 22nd. I had a sonogram at 9 weeks and got to see the peanut (I'll try to scan the pic sometime soon). The first thing I asked the technician was "please look around and make sure there is just one." After Courtney's little surprise I got nervous b/c it CAN happen. Not that I think having twins is anything shy of a miracle, but I don't think it's fair to have your first pregnancy bring on DOUBLE EVERYTHING. Don't I get to use the first kid as a tester? Heh. I will have another sonogram between 16-20 weeks to determine my final due date. If it behaves, maybe we will find out what it will be earlier than 20 weeks. Then I can stop referring to it as an "it."

I hope I'm in the clear for saying this, but I didn't really have bad morning sickness. I felt sick ALL the time but I never actually prayed to the porcelain gods. Thank the Lord. One night I felt so horrible that I had a cold washcloth on my face and I laid on the couch for hours just trying not to puke. I got up to get some water and I let out the biggest burp ever. Of course no one was home for me to brag to. I felt much better after that. It was the most satisfying burp ever. Okay, gross. Oh, and I've had what I'm hoping is a sinus infection for the past 2 months. I hope it's that and not pregnancy rhinitis that can last for up to 6 weeks after giving birth. Excuse me? That can't be right. I have to squeeze this baby out from WHERE and on top of that I could possibly turn into this mouth-breathing hormone-racing psychotic fat woman for the next 3 seasons?! I don't think so! I can't breathe; can't take any good drugs. Tylenol is a joke...I think the bottle I bought is the one where the factory worker fell asleep and forgot to put in the shit that makes it work. Does absolutely nothing for me unless I have a very mild headache...which is very rare. Migraines have returned to my life again, but so far they havent been TOO bad. I don't sleep either...which really blows b/c I can't fall asleep breathing through my mouth. I know I will not ever sleep through the night again for the next ump-teen years so why the hell wouldn't I be allowed to sleep more than 3 hours at a time now?!?! (okay yeah, so maybe I have symptoms of bitch too)


Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. I'm starting to get excited about the future and all the tiny clothes I get to buy. I can't wear my jeans comfortably anymore. It is a sad day when you can't put on that great pair of "damn these make my ass look good jeans." I really need more stretchy clothes. I don't have the cute baby bump yet either, I just look fat. You know, like the chick who wears that t-shirt that is just a little too tight to show off her belly. A belly that looks to be the result of years of drinking way too much beer and midnight munchies. Sexy. So, until I actually feel like it's time to buy maternity clothes I will be modeling many styles of yoga and sweat pants.



Stay tuned...

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kandis!!! that is so exciting. I can't wait to hear more. I used to always check in on your blog and it just dawned on me otday that I don't have you on my list to see when you update so I will add you asap. Congrats again on your pregnancy! I enjoy the way you write. It makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I am so excited for you and Eric. I bet you'll have a beautiful little girl and my boys will fight over her:) You will have to be a guest blogger on my blog when I'm in the hospital - my few faithful readers will appreciate it because you're so much funnier than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA! I'm laughing at your post, not the fact that you're pregnant. That just makes me smile. :) I made the mistake of reading this at work and trying to contain my laughter. You are always hilarious. Why don't you get some of those velour sweatpants that say "JUICY" across the rear? Hope your sinuses clear up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kandis. First of all, my unborn boys offer your baby "girl" their protection. Anything your baby needs, my boys got its back. I'm pretty sure there's a bo staff in there somewhere...and I know they're coming out of there with nunchuck skills!
    Secondly, you writing is really fun to read.
    Last of all...congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - I will certainly be on the lookout for some "juicy" pants to show off my ever growing arse. I'm sure I can find a nice bright orange pair at the Northside Ross. :)

    Stuart - "bow hunting skills, nunchuck skills, computer hacking skills...girls only want guys that have good skills"

    Thanks for reading everyone! Hopefully my next few blogs will be "fun to read" for you all. With my new found talent for producing gas, I'm sure to be a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to stop reading your writing at work. I will start getting weird looks for all of the raucous laughter. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete