Tuesday, November 10, 2009

20 Weeks




Okay, I'm half way through. Oh my gosh. Wait, I think this is going too fast! It finally hit me the other day that I don't have much longer before little man will be here. My brain is flooded with thoughts. What do we name him? What do we do for the nursery? What do we buy? Where do I get a money tree? AHHHHH!!!!!! Okay, just breathe. It's just a tiny baby right, it won't be that big of a change. HA! I'll be honest...I'm a little intimidated about being a parent. I believe we will both be great parents but that is a lot of responsibility. It's not about us anymore. I'm thankful we have such great parents that can help us manage the arrival of our son. I really want to know what he will look like. I guess I feel like I should be more prepared....but I'm so undecisive lately. Plus I realize that this is one of those life events that you simply can't prepare enough for. I can't commit to anything, I don't know how I want the nursery to look. I don't like hardly any boy names right now. I guess when the right things come along I will know. I'm not TOO worried about it, I just hate not knowing sometimes.

So, my belly popped out about a week ago. Hello! Just all of a sudden too, it's crazy how it does that. Where the hell was this all hiding before?? It is getting rounder every day, but I really like it. I have never gotten more enjoyment from rubbing my tummy. I do feel light kicks and movement almost every day, but some days I don't feel anything. I hate that. I can't wait for him to let me know exactly what he's doing all the time. That will be fun. (however, when next year rolls around I'll probably be ready to have my body back to myself) Today I felt some stronger movement...almost like he was stretching. I looked down and saw the top of my belly rise and fall a few times. It was so cool!! Finally, a visual confirmation that something IS growing and moving around in there. I'm also very happy to say that I get full very quickly now...so hopefully I will gain the "recommended" amount from now on.

3 comments:

  1. You are really, REALLY cute! I always liked this part of pregnancy too...once you can start feeling stronger movements. I am sure you will figure out the perfect nursery and name.....in the next 20 weeks....set go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Thanks! I feel stronger movements every day, but nothing TOO startling yet. I notice that he is pretty active around 7am and around 9-11pm. Pretty wild to be a host to a new being.

    ReplyDelete